February 26, 2014 by Leave a Comment
I hate to be the voice of bad news, but the U.S. must face a CRISIS IN EDUCATION!
- When students in the U.S. are compared to students in other countries, they simply do not measure up.
- U.S. teachers are central to student achievement, but “a discouraging number of them are incompetents.”
- The top students in the U.S. are being mis-served, their precious potential squandered.
- Science and math are vital for the U.S., and since we are woefully behind, new approaches are necessary.
- And “[m]ost parents just plain neglect this job, through lack of time, lack of interest or lack of confidence.”
But I must also add, all of this is from 1958—a series in LIFE magazine in fact.
How on earth did we all survive?